Opening Links In A New Browser Window

Saul

Opening Links In A New Browser Window

Post by Saul »

Some people had mentioned about how posting links in the forum was a little awkward because when you click them they open in the sam browser window? so because of this I have made some adjustments so that all links should now open in a seperate browser window. I just tested it and it seems to work but if you have any problems can you please let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks

Saul

Saul

Re: Opening Links In A New Browser Window

Post by Saul »

Just to let you know. This modification won't affect old links, that is those posted before I modified the site. Also I have tested this in three browsers so far :

Internet Explorer 8.0
Firefox 3.0.10
Google Chrome 2.0.172.28

It works fine in all three, opening a new browser window or tab so it should work for everyone else, although Sasha tells me it's not working at her office right now so perhaps it isn't working for everyone ?

Irinushka
Site Admin

Post by Irinushka »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Thank you Saul, :D

the new link works fine, the only problem seems to be that whenever the message is reopened for editing the string you see above (" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;") is automatically added... if you edit twice, two repetitions, 3 times, three repetitions... etc.

OK, it's not a big deal, it's easy to manually delete the unnecessary codes, but... :D
AIRI-SON

Tornerò a sollecitare le vostre anime

"Съешь же ещё этих мягких французских булок, да выпей чаю." :figurati : ... : : down :

Saul

Post by Saul »

Yes I don't know why that appears but obviously it's the code for the link. Problem with phpbb3 is they altered it to bring it in line with WC3 and Xhtml standards. Quite why that means a link has to open in the same window is a bit of a mystery to me but there it is.

I'll see If I can find a way around that code appearing and let you know.

atb
Saul

Saul

Post by Saul »

Just testing if the latest modifications are working

http://www.pcmaczone.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems to be working now. Can you try and let me know?

atb
Saul

Irinushka
Site Admin

Post by Irinushka »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBFFJAA7 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, now it works perfectly! :D

Thank you, Saul!
AIRI-SON

Tornerò a sollecitare le vostre anime

"Съешь же ещё этих мягких французских булок, да выпей чаю." :figurati : ... : : down :